Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Provides legal counsel and guidance in the ordinary and special activities for FedEx Ground (FXG) to ensure protection of its legal rights and maintain its operations within the limits prescribed by law. Defends FXG against suits and/or claims and prepares the corporation’s claims against others.
• Assesses legal risk and provides management with recommendations regarding matters such as pending litigation, government relations relative to legislation, regulatory compliance, business transactions, commercial contracts, employment laws, and labor matters.
• Prepares legal documents, pleadings, memoranda, and/or commercial contracts.
• Creates, updates, and reviews policies and procedures to ensure that the company is operating in compliance with regulations and that regulatory reporting requirements are met.
• Studies major areas of concern to the Company to recommend appropriate plans of action including changes to policies and procedures.
• Represents the company before federal, state and local courts, administrative agencies and/or other third-parties.
• Engages, oversees, directs and/or evaluates the performance and progress of outside counsel representing the company to ensure requisite expert legal advice is obtained when/as necessary.
• Provides on-the-spot and consistent legal advice from accumulated knowledge and experience.
• Provides legal counsel on cross-functional and cross-operating company projects and initiatives.
• Develops and delivers presentations and training to employees, including management, within area of responsibility.
• Juris Doctorate required.
• Six (6) years experience practicing as a licensed attorney at a law firm, corporation or with the government.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Admitted to and currently in good standing with the required state Bar.
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals.
• Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations.
• Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
Other Job Description Information
This position is in the Business Model and Employment Litigation group of the Litigation & Risk Management Department.
Preferences: Experience practicing litigation is preferred, particularly drafting and responding to written discovery, motions practice, taking and defending depositions, and drafting briefs; Trial practice; and Class Action defense.
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Legal/Regulatory