Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Protects the assets of the Company from the financial impact of workers’ compensation claims and lawsuits while ensuring maximum performance from FedEx Ground (FXG) workers’ compensation third party administrator (TPA) and defense counsel. Directs and controls the administration of serious to complex litigated and non-litigated workers’ compensation claims and related statutorily derivative liability claims asserted against FXG and/or certain FedEx Companies. Evaluates the exposure to FXG associated with those claims and decides the appropriate course of action to best protect FXG from undue loss and to mitigate associated costs. Provides technical direction and training to third party administrators, outside defense counsel, internal customers, and coworkers to ensure compliance with applicable statutes and related rules and regulations in all fifty states and Canada.
• Oversees performance of TPA in investigating, directing, identifying and evaluating coverage, liability, compensability, damages, and establishing proper financial reserves on assigned claims, including reporting to management when required
• Conducts claim audits to measure TPA performance
• Participates in negotiation and resolution of claims within the company’s self-insured retention, and monitors resolution of claims in excess of the company’s retention, intervening as necessary to protect the company’s assets
• Implements and monitors effectiveness of claims cost containment programs, and processes/procedures to ensure compliance with laws, rules and regulations governing self-insurance claims administration; represents FXG in audits conducted by state agencies; responds to auditor’s findings; and acts as liaison between FXG and state agencies
• Oversees claims handling by workers’ compensation boards or departments in monopolistic states and Canadian provinces
• Coordinates return to work/modified duty and employee benefits with other business partners and/or their vendors, where applicable
• Manages all phases of claims litigation including the execution of legal documents; responding on behalf of the company to discovery requests; conducting research, interpreting and applying findings to properly resolve claims
• High school diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree and professional designation in claims and/or insurance, such as AIC (Associate in Claims) or an equivalent designation required. In lieu of degree, four (4) years of additional experience, in addition to the required minimum experience (Nine (9) years total), will be considered equivalent.
• Five (5) years Workers' comp claims experience, directing serious injury claims and litigation of significant exposure and complexity on a national or regional level.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including Microsoft Office, RMIS systems and web-based applications.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management and third party providers
• Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
• Ability to analyze statistical claim data
• Strong knowledge of workers’ compensation, contract, tort, damages, agency, subrogation, contribution/indemnity, insurance and other applicable/related law, as well as related concepts and practices
• Professional designation in claims and/or insurance, such as AIC (Associate in Claims) or an equivalent designation required.
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Legal/Regulatory